The Ultimate Gift of Life Foundation was started in 2014 to increase awareness and action regarding organ donation, and the incredible impact that just one donor can have on many, many others. Through providing correct information, dispelling myths, and assisting those willing to make this important commitment, The Ultimate Gift of Life Foundation is committed to our mission.
Our mission is to increase awareness of the amazing benefits of organ and tissue donation through education. This will then multiply the number of individuals registered to give The Ultimate Gift, donating their organs and tissues to save multiple lives. Donors give the gift of hope…hope for thousands of individuals and their families who are awaiting organ transplants and hope for the individuals whose lives could be enhanced through tissue transplants.
- To increase the number of individuals who register to give the ultimate gift and then donate their organs and tissue to save the lives of others.
- To help decrease the “waiting period” for those patients in need of a donated organ or tissue to save their life. Unfortunately, thousands die every year waiting for a donor organ that never comes.
- To share information about organ and tissue donation with individuals so that lives will be saved by increased availability. Last year alone, organ donors made more than 28,000 transplants possible. Another one million people received cornea and other tissue transplants that helped them recover from trauma, bone damage, spinal injuries, burns, hearing impairment and vision loss.
- To share information that will dispel myths about organ donations in an effort to increase individual and families’ willingness to become registered donors.
- To develop educational materials as necessary to effectively “tell the story” and promote the registration of organ and tissue donations.
- Promote the “Workplace Partnership for Life” within local businesses. A national initiative that unites the federal government with the organ donation community and businesses, organizations, and associations committed to spreading the word on the importance of donor registration. Goal is promoting a “donation-friendly America” by fostering donation education and creating opportunities for individuals to sign up to save lives through organ and tissue donation.
- To promote organ and tissue awareness locally through national promotions: January National Volunteer Blood Donor Month, February National Donor Day, April National Donate Life Month, July National Donor Recognition, July US Transplant Games, August National Minority Donor Awareness Week, November National Marrow Awareness Month and November National Donor Sabbath.
- To faithfully steward gifts received by the Foundation to increase registered donors.